Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pizza Tuesday!!!!!

There is nothing better than homemade pizza! Ok, I didn't make the cheese or the pepperoni but everything else was made from scratch. On the weekend I had promised my husband a gourmet pizza. To me, gourmet means cheese! Lots and lots of lovely cheese! Tonight's gourmet pizza had sauce, ricotta, feta and good old mozzarella.



I used arrowroot powder on the pans in a belated attempt at healthy cooking. I am not sure but I think that may be why the crust did not crisp up as usual.

The finished pizza was very yummy but I may try to spread the ricotta out a bit better next time.





A little tip. Use your kitchen shears to snip the stubborn edges that your pizza cutter will never be able to cut through.
 
 
I use that tomato sauce for everything!  My husband and I love it on pizza so I always make a tonne and freeze it.  Chef Michael suggested using San Marzano tomatoes so that is what I did.  Costco sells massive cans of them for 4 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment